' NO LONGER
The words no longer mean many things to different people. For instance, we say to ourselves, 'I'm no longer going to go jogging'. Or 'I'm no longer obligated to do this.'
If we have beaten an addiction habit, we say, 'I'm 'no longer addicted.'
2. No longer – striving fruitlessly. The light we are seeking is a gift. Romans 11: 6 tells us, 'And if it is by God's kindness, then it is not by their being good enough. In that case, the free gift would no longer be free - it isn't free when it is earned.' In his great kindness towards us, God offers us a way out of our darkness. He provides us with inward light that is far brighter than the light of day. His offer is free; we don't have to do anything to earn it or deserve it. We need to consent to and receive God's offer as a way out. This offer is to accept the death and resurrection of his Son Jesus on our behalf. In God's eyes, he takes us as his children.
3. No longer – a slave to some fetish, fad or shopaholic. Galatians 4: 7 reminds us that often we are a slave to some idea or ambition. 'So you are no longer a slave, but God's child, and since you are his child, God has made you an heir.' In our darkened state, we are helpless slaves to habits, addictions attitudes. When God shines his light into our hearts, we are no longer slaves to these ways of life. He has made us his children. More importantly, God has made us his heirs. Our inheritance is unimaginable.
4. No longer – a prey to our emotions and feelings. We have unlimited resources to beat the blues, the emotional highs and lows to enjoy peace, joy and walk away from hate and love those around us. We can live over and above the turmoil of the world, work and family. The Bible says that he will give you the mighty inner strengthening of his Holy Spirit out of his glorious, unlimited resources. Eph. 3: 16 LB. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. You understand how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. You experience the love of Christ, and you are made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
5. No longer live for ourselves. God is first in our life. Matthew 22: 37. 'Love the Lord your God with your heart, soul, and mind.'(LB) With God first, we reach out to those around us and spread the love. Because Christ's love controls us now, we have a new life, a free life, not to please ourselves but to please God and for him to be pleased with us.
6. No longer live blown about by every thought, trend, fad, or how others may live. I have realized that acceptance of Christ comes from believing that he is. I recognize that when he died, I did as well. And that I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. I am a new person with new aims, goals and lifestyle. The life I now live in the life of Christ. Galatians 2: 20 confirms my testimony, 'I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.'
So I no longer am a slave to this world and its shallowness. My lifestyle is not that of a wowser, a killjoy, but one in which I experience joy, peace, and freedom. A life that doesn't conform to this world. I realize that this world and all it offers is temporary; it only lasts for a moment; sooner or later, I will pass from this world, and what will I have? I have Christ and his unlimited resources for now forever.